Steps To Secure Your Provisional License


After you get your master's degree, it's time to get started putting all the steps together to                                          secure your provisional license. You'll need to get the following documentation together:


~  Practicum Documentation Form signed

~  Request official sealed transcript from your graduate school

~  Interview LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)

~  Your LPC-Supervisor will most likely ask you to sign a contract

~  Apply for, schedule, take, and pass the National Counselor Examination (NCE) 

~  Take the Jurisprudence Exam, $40,

~  Submit LPC-Intern Application to the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors 

~  Send the Supervisory Agreement Form with employment site and supervisor's signature to the Texas State Board of Examiners of  Professional Counselors.


You cannot begin accruing hours toward your license until the approval date by the the board. You can monitor the board approval date by checking for your name on the public search engine.


I am attaching a url for a powerpoint prepared for Texas Counseling Association that explains the Seven Steps for securing provisional license and supervision.  It was written by Dr. Millie Cordaro, LPC-S and Chelsea Fielder-Jenks, M.A., LPC-Intern.